The shortcrust pastry butter is always a delight, but personally, I like to do with the oil as the vegetable fats are always less cumbersome than those of animals.
I therefore propose that a small variation of pie dough without the butter and it surely will be more easy to digest and so easy and quick to make…
Pie crust without butter
For 1 pie of about 22 cm ø Save Print Ingredients
- 250 g of flour
- 8 cl of oil
- 8 cl of water slightly warm
- 1 pinch of salt
- In a bowl, pour the flour, oil, water and a pinch of salt.
- Stir quickly until obtaining a homogeneous ball of dough. Attention to mix as less time as possible so that the dough is not too hard and keeps his crisp, a pie dough not kneaded’t.
- If the dough is too sticky add a little flour if it is too dry add a little oil and/or water.
- Flour lightly your work surface, lay it out and place it in the pie pan.
- It only remains for you to arrange your topping to cook (usually 50 min to 180°)…
- I use this dough as much for my pie salty for my quiche, or my sweet pies. It is really going on-everywhere !
The use of warm water will allow you to ease further your dough and work better then.
It is a paste that I use so many for my pies sweet than salty. It is neutral is really going on everywhere, you can see it very often on this blog, in a lot of recipes are, in fact, in almost all of my pies, or even quiche…
I like it a lot as it is crispy and it is also great because there is no egg inside, and as I’m intolerant, it allows me to drag the egg that I tolerate and that could be in the dough, in the filling.
It only remains for you to test out this pie dough without the butter in your next recipe to be convinced ! You tell me the news…
Has your rolls !