You have seen my pretty tart rhubarb and apple !? I even made a gradient of colors ranging from pink to green on my pie. After cutting off the legs of rhubarb, I aligned and then contentieusement classified… When Fab has seen that it has literally burst out laughing and I think he took me for a dingo ! Well, I must say that he is right, may it have kept me well amused, and then, these guys, they do not understand anything at the bottom… ��
In previous years, I had still not shared-based recipe for rhubarb, but fortunately this season, I caught up with me. After, a small crumble, this pie is delicious. And the best thing is that I still have plenty of ideas to test at the base of this delicious fruit, I just don’t know if I would have the time to do everything that I can imagine…
In any case, I was too happy to have finally found the filo pastry because it is not that easy to find. So, I took the opportunity to make several recipes with. You will see, it is too fun as an ingredient to use… I had already cooked several times and I think it’s almost even better than the leaves from the brick. Between the 2, my heart is torn… If it tempts you, I had, in particular, cooked beureks cheese, a treat !!
Pie filo rhubarb and apple
To 4 Save Print Preparation time 30 min
Cooking time 30 min
- 5 sheets of pasta filo
- 3 stalks of rhubarb
- 2 apples
- 1 tablespoon of brown sugar
- 1 sachet of vanilla sugar
- 1 tablespoon of butter
- Wash, peel and cut the apples into small pieces and then sauté them for 5 minutes in a frying pan, with a tablespoon of butter. Add the brown sugar and continue to cook for 10 minutes over low heat, stirring from time to time.
- Cut 5 sheets of filo pastry in the length and overlap. Brush using a brush kitchen between the sheets with the remaining butter that you have melted in a small bowl. Place the dough on a baking sheet covered with baking paper.
- Preheat your oven to 180°.
- Spread the apples over the top of the dough.
- Wash the stalks of rhubarb and cut into pieces the width of your dough and sprinkle on the apples. Sprinkle with vanilla sugar and bake for 30 minutes, until the rhubarb is well cooked and the sugar has melted.
- Enjoy warm or cold, but don’t wait too much otherwise the phyllo will soften. So, this will be best on the same day…
And then, today, it is mother’s day, let us not forget !! This recipe is so perfect with this warm pink, very feminine. So happy feast day to all the moms who pass by, but to others too ! From my side, I’ll have to wait next year to have the right to it, I still find it hard to achieve… ��