This is a great classic of our region, the land of nuts, all the same. I must admit that I love this dessert, but I was still never launched. I think this is in part due to the fact that there is a very good pastry chef, just next to me, which is a excellentissime pie with nuts and caramel. But hey, as we’re in the middle of the season, I found beautiful nuts at the market and I finally launched for the first time in this pie. The result is very very good !
Pie with nuts and caramel
To 1 pie of 22 cm of diameter Save Print Ingredients
- FOR THE PASTRY WITHOUT EGG
- 50 g whole meal flour
- 200 g of flour
- 125 g of butter
- 3 tablespoons of cold water
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 sachet of vanilla sugar (optional)
- FOR THE TOPPING
- 160 g of nuts
- 4 tablespoons of maple syrup
- 60 g sugar
- 25 cl of liquid cream
- 1 nut of butter, salted
- Start by preparing the pie dough.
- In a large bowl, mix together the flours, the salt and the butter cut into small cubes (and sugar if you want a shortcrust pastry sweet). Work quickly by sanding. The butter should be covered with the flour to form ‘sand’.
- Add the water and mix again using your fingers until you obtain a homogeneous paste. It must not be a trace of butter alone.
- Let the rest cool and then lay it out. Prick the bottom with a fork and refrigerate.
- Preheat your oven to 180°.
- Prepare the caramel sauce. In a saucepan melt the sugar, butter and maple syrup. When the mixture is well blended, add the cream and continue cooking over low heat until the caramel thickens. This can take 10 to 15 minutes.
- Off the heat, add the nuts to the caramel and pour the mixture over your pastry.
- Bake for 40 minutes.