This recipe I got hold of my parents, with whom we ate this delicious pie had rabbit on a Sunday as a family.
I you have already submitted a recipe of leg of lamb for Easter, but to change a bit this pie will also be very well the case for this occasion.
I have not taken the photos home with me, but at my parents and it is for this reason that the light is not the same as usual. I would tell you that it was, therefore, a very good exercise…
To 6 Save Print Ingredients
- 2 pasta broken
- 1 rabbit
- 25/30 cl of white wine in kitchen
- 1 onion
- bouquet garni (bay leaf and rosemary, etc.)
- 3 cloves
- salt and pepper
- 1 tbsp of heavy cream
- 1 tbsp of mustard
- 1 egg yolk
- The day before, prepare your rabbit. In a bowl, pour in the white wine, add the onion cut in 2, the cloves, the bay leaf and the rosemary. Season with salt and pepper and then marinate the rabbit, deboned and cut up for a night.
- On the day of cooking, drain the pieces of rabbit and keep juice to the marinade.
- Preheat your oven to 200°.
- In a pie dish, remove one of your pastry dough and add the pieces of rabbit on the bottom so that the onion is cut.
- Heat the juice of the marinade in a saucepan with the cream and mustard. Leave to simmer so that the juices reduce by half.
- Then pour on the rabbit, add salt and pepper and add a few nuts of butter.
- Place the 2nd dough on top and press together the edges of the pasta so that they become welded. Brush the top with egg yolk and make a well in the centre of the pastry.
- Put in the oven and bake for 1 hour. If the pie dough becomes too golden, cover with a film of foil.
- if you want, you can also add a few mushrooms in your pie to the rabbit.
- Good ap !
And to accompany your table for Easter, there’s nothing like a little folding of the towel in the shape of a rabbit. ��