Tired of the traditional poultry for the new year ?! So why not shake up your habits and change the dish for your super menu mega refined and that takes you to the head for months of 25 December ?! This is why I propose to you this version in mini-casserole dishes pot pie with only good things in it. Good if your you ask what is the pot pie, it is in reality a magpie (pie) without the dough from underneath, as cooked in a slow cooker, it is a simple, non ?! And then, as it is a day of celebration, it is fun with a good piece of meat is the filet mignon. And as I am an unconditional of chestnuts and mushrooms, I could not stop myself in adding in this small recipe.
Go zou, and take the opportunity therefore to highlight the mini-cocottes that are lying around in the closet, since it was offered last Christmas !
Pot pie to filet mignon, mushrooms and chestnuts
To 4 mini-casserole Save Print Ingredients
- Puff pastry dough
- 600 g fillet mignon of pork
- 100 g of chestnuts
- A dozen of small mushrooms of Paris
- 50 cl of fresh cream whipping
- 40 g of butter
- 2 shallots
- 1 small branch of thyme
- 2 egg yolks
- Salt and pepper
- Wash and slice the mushrooms.
- Cut the filet into cubes and snip the scallions. Do sweat the shallots in a pan with the butter over a low heat for 10 minutes. Add the filet mignon and thyme and increase the heat to brown the meat on all these faces. Then add the mushrooms and the chestnuts and leave to cook for 5 more minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 200°.
- Beat the cream with an egg yolk, then season.
- Off the heat pour the fresh cream into the pan, stir, and divide the preparation into 4 mini cocottes.
- Press the puff pastry about 4-5 mm and cut 4 circles the size of mini-cocottes. You can then with a cookie cutter cut out small stars to decorate the top of the dough. Put the circles of dough on the mini cocottes and brown in the brush with an egg yolk.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
Enjoy hot with small baked potatoes.