After my salad of cabbage I still had so I went for a recipe I wanted to try for a long time and that I had seen in the book When Katie Kitchen, from the red cabbage cooked slowly with raisins. Well, as usual, I’m just inspired because I am unable to follow a recipe, this is the height for a blogger of food, I know ! I still need to add my little grain of salt and do with what I have in me cupboards…
Speaking of cookbook, and Katie Quinn Davis, I’ve just ordered her 2nd cookbook, When Katie kitchen on the weekend. It is a small pleasure that I made myself for my birthday and I can’t wait to receive it, it will not be long… �� I love so much its 1 that this is the first book that I pulled out of my boxes after our move !
Red cabbage cooked slowly with raisins
To 4 Save Print Ingredients
- 500 g red cabbage, finely sliced
- 30 g of butter
- 20 g brown sugar
- 5 cl of white vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1 tablespoon of dried grapes blond
- 1 tablespoon kirch
- 1 sprig of thyme
- Freshly ground pepper
- Preheat your oven to 160°.
- In a casserole dish in the oven mix together the butter, the sugar, the vinegar, the kirch salt and 7 cl of water.
- Heat covered on medium heat until the butter has melted and ingredients are blended.
- Stir in the red cabbage, raisins and mix well so that it is well coated.
- Bring to a boil, cover the casserole and transfer to the oven.
- Cook for 2 hours stirring every 1/2 hour and adding a little water if necessary.
- At the time of serving, add pepper to your liking.
Inspiration : When Katie kitchen