I confess that for this recipe, I’m pretty inspired by the Risotto with scallops and citrus which has been a great success each time that I achieved it.
I believe that the more I cook and eat risotto, the more I love it. I find that there is always food that we put into it, flavours that are exhaussées. This is a dish that I would call ‘comforting’ and I think I will test the other… If you have good advice or good recipes for risotto, I’m all ears !
Risotto with prawns and candied tomatoes
To 3 Save Print Ingredients
- 200 g round rice type Arborio
- 200 g of peeled shrimp
- 1 large shallot
- 1/2 l vegetable stock, hot
- 10 cl glass of white wine
- 10 cl heavy cream
- 1 orange (juice + 1 lemon zests)
- 1/2 lemon
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pinch of pepper
- 3 sun dried tomatoes
- Heat the oil in a saucepan and sauté the shrimp. Once golden, set aside.
- In the same pan and without the rinse, sauté the chopped shallots until it becomes transparent. Take the rice and let it soak up the flavours for a few minutes…
- During this time, heat the broth with the juice of the citrus fruits and the orange zest.
- Cover the rice with the hot broth and mix. Leave to swell, turning occasionally and adding gradually a little broth until the end of it. The rice should cook for about 20 minutes.
- 5 min before the end of cooking, add the white wine, cream, prawns and tomatoes, finely chopped. Mix well until the risotto is creamy.
- Serve immediately because it is much better when it is hot. Add salt and pepper to your liking.
Good risotto with shrimp and tomato confit !!!