Yesterday it was really cold and we wanted a dish hot and full of flavor. Then on returning home I looked at what I had in the cupboards, the fridge and the freezer. I threw myself into the realization of two beautiful portions of a risotto with walnuts saint-jacques well creamy and tasty. After thirty minutes of preparation, it was ready and we absolutely loved it.
In addition, it was the first time that I was making a risotto… Do not hesitate a minute to make this recipe, it is easy and will make a beautiful effect.
Risotto with walnuts saint-jacques and citrus
To 2 Save Print Ingredients
- 200 g round rice
- 200 g nuts of saint-jacques
- 1/2 red onion
- 1/2 l vegetable stock, hot
- 1/2 glass of white wine
- 1 orange (juice + 1 lemon zests)
- 1/2 lemon
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons of grated parmesan cheese fresh
- 2 tablespoons of coconut milk
- 1 pinch of spices powder reported from Vietnam (kaffir lime, lemon grass, galangal)
- 1 pinch of pepper
- Heat the oil in a pan and fry the nuts of saint-jacques, previously cut into strips of about 3mm. Once golden, set aside.
- In the same pan, sauté the chopped onion until it becomes transparent.
- Discard the rice, and let it soak for a few minutes of the flavors…
- Heat the broth with the juice of citrus fruit, the white wine and the spice mixture.
- Cover the rice with the hot broth and mix. Leave to swell, turning occasionally and adding gradually a little broth until the end of it. The rice should cook for 20 minutes.
- 5 minutes before the end of cooking, add the scallops, the orange zest, grated parmesan cheese, coconut milk and pepper. Mix well until the risotto is creamy.
I suggest you follow this recipe step-by-step in pictures…
Serve hot and eat immediately ! It is a treat !
You can use these quantities for 2 people as a dish or as an input to 4. The choice…
It will be a recipe idea for the holidays year-end…