Don’t giggle… Okay, I admit, the chicken is not very sexy to take a picture, nor very class. I have to say that I have a good laugh when I had to make my series of photos, and I was not the only one…
Nevertheless, it is a great classic of French cuisine and we really enjoyed this chicken farmer bought to a producer in the market.
Dining in family or between friends, this roasted chicken with lemon, to the delight of large and small. This has been the case with us… And then, we’re in the middle of the season of citrus, so this is the time to enjoy it during the holidays and bring a little of the freshness of citrus fruits to our plates.
Roast chicken with lemon
For 6 Save Print Ingredients
- 1 chicken 1.5 kg
- 1 cottage
- 4 lemons
- 4 shallots, minced roughly
- 3 cloves whole garlic, slightly crushed
- 5 tbsp olive oil
- 10 cl of fresh cream
- 2 tbsp of grated parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper
- Preheat your oven to 180°.
- Cut 3 lemons into 4 quarters, squeeze the juice of the last book.
- Place your chicken in a baking dish and pour the cottage cheese inside and a piece of lemon and a tablespoon of olive oil.
- On top of the chicken, spread the rest of the olive oil, sprinkle with rosemary, salt and pepper.
- Enclose the rest of the lemon quarters, the garlic and the shallot.
- Bake for 30 minutes, then get out your chicken from the oven and pour the lemon juice over the top.
- Extend the cooking time 40 minutes while basting regularly your chicken with the juice of the dish (about 2 or 3 times).
- Once the cooking is finished, take out your chicken from the dish in order to complete your sauce by pouring in the dish, the cream and the parmesan cheese. Spare well and the tour and played.
You can serve this chicken roasted with lemon and a potato gratin…