The roasted tomatoes and candied in the oven, are still a great classic in the kitchen, you will agree, no !? Well, I realize that I had not yet been put in the spotlight this year, amazing ! For this version, I used small grape tomatoes, a little larger than cherry tomatoes, but you can choose a little the variety that you want, as long as they are not too big.
Nice as the first recipe in the month of August, don’t you think !?
This is a recipe really easy and convenient because these roasted tomatoes and candied in the oven can be re-used in a whole bunch of dishes for summer and will keep very well a few days in the fridge if you want to prepare in advance. As they are well pickled in the oil, I kept a week, and eating gradually, in several recipes that I’ll share with you in the days to come… In any case, what I can already tell you, is that it is a real treat, both hot out of the oven than cold !
It should just be a little patient because the cooking of these tomatoes is a little long and that the smell will spread in your kitchen will be unbearable so it will make you drool with envy… ��
Roasted tomatoes and candied in the oven
- Preparation time 5 min
- Cooking time 1 hr 30 min
- 2 bunches of cherry tomatoes
- 3 cloves of garlic with the skin
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat your oven to 150°.
- In a baking dish, place the tomatoes in clusters, and add the garlic cloves.
- Drizzle generously with olive oil.
- Add salt and pepper and add a few sprigs of thyme.
- Bake for 1 1/2 hours. 2 times during cooking, pour the oil in the bottom of the dish over the tomatoes to the water.
- You can eat it still warm or cold, it will be delicious.