There are some days (weeks in fact), doing my shopping, I fell on the black rice and as it’s been so long that I hadn’t eaten, I said to myself that this was the opportunity and salad, it is really top. We arrive at the end of the orange season, but it ends in apotheosis with the blood oranges and I love this fruit !! So here we are, neither one, nor two, we cook a good salad of black rice with feta cheese and blood orange and it is fun !
A few years ago, I had a friend who lived in Milan and just below it there was a small café that served delicious freshly-squeezed orange juice, good cappuccino and croissant with chocolate to fall. This is where I really discovered the blood orange and I was hooked ! Thank You Pao !
To get back to our salad of black rice with feta cheese and blood orange, I think you will enjoy because it combines sweetness and flavors citrus that blend beautifully…
Salad of black rice with feta cheese and blood orange
To 2 Save Print Ingredients
- 1 glass of black rice
- Salt water
- 1 blood orange
- 50 g feta cheese crumbled
- A few sprigs of chives, chiseled
- FOR THE SAUCE
- The juice of 1 blood orange
- 1 teaspoon of mustard
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Cook black rice as instructed on the package, usually 25 to 30 minutes in water, salted and boiling. Drain and place in a bowl.
- Peel the orange, cut slices or supreme udder place it on the rice.
- Crumble the feta cheese and snip the chives on top of the rice.
- For the sauce, mix all the ingredients in a bowl and then pour over salad at time of serving.