And lo and behold, this is the end of my small vacation and you arrive already at the end of the season peas, but I couldn’t help but share this simple recipe of salad of peas, carrots and pasta orzo. I had prepared as an accompaniment to a beef tongue sauce gribiche but it will also be perfect with grilled meats or simply as such, in a salad.
I don’t know if you know these small pasta but I particularly like. I don’t know why but I think I like the taste, the texture and the format, style and grain of rice… Finally, in any case, if there’s one thing I’m sure of, is that I love pasta, all the pasta ! I think I could eat all day!!! If so, it is true !
To get back to vacation, which is really great this year is that I will be again in August and then in September… Too well, but strongly just the same !!!
Salad of peas
To 4 Save Print
- Preparation time 15 min
- Cooking time 15 min
- 500 g of peas (not shelled)
- 4 carrots
- 1 onion again
- 200 g of pasta orzo / oats
- 1 drizzle of olive oil
- Salt and pepper of the mill
- Peel the carrots, cut them into slices and set aside.
- Écossez the peas and reserve in a bowl to share.
- Heat 2 pots of salted water. When boiling, pour the slices of carrots in one and the pasta orzo in the other.
- Cook the pasta as on the packet, drain and set aside.
- For the carrots, let cook for 5 minutes, then add the peas. After a further 5 minutes, drain.
- In a frying pan, let heat a little olive oil and lightly sauté the onion a few minutes. Add the peas and carrots and stir gently. Cook for 3 minutes, mix in the pasta off the heat and serve either as an accompaniment or in salads. Add salt and pepper to your liking.