When I was little, my father made us a regular salad of raw cabbage but I had never thought to make it myself. Okay, I have to say, at that time, I didn’t like necessarily, then, it is delicious. Of course, for this salad I gave to my sauce, but taking the main ingredients and this is a recipe based on a salad of red cabbage, apple and bacon that I offer. In fact, there are even more goodies inside, such as hazelnuts and blueberries…
I love the mixture of all the textures and the small, sweet, subtle apple and blueberries while blending perfectly with the crunch of red cabbage and hazelnuts, roasted peanuts. If you don’t dare to do this kind of recipe, so do not hesitate, it is very good, the cabbage is not strong at all and it is not difficult to digest it. I also have another idea for a recipe for the red cabbage, but I will a little later, the season is not over…
Salad of red cabbage, apple and bacon
To 4 Save Print
- 1/4 of red cabbage
- 1 apple
- 100 g of bacon
- 1 shallot
- 50 g of blueberries
- 15 hazelnuts
- FOR THE SAUCE
- 1 teaspoon of mustard
- 1 tablespoon of cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon walnut oil
- 3 tablespoons neutral oil
- Salt and pepper
- A few sprigs of chives, chiseled
- Chop very finely the red cabbage using a mandoline or a sharp knife, and drop them in a bowl.
- Cook the bacon in a skillet until they are well roasted and add the cabbage, ensuring that to remove the excess grease if there is in a.
- Add the apple and shallot, cut into thin strips.
- Also, add blueberries, hazelnuts, and walnuts previously toasted.
- Prepare the dressing in a small bowl by mixing all ingredients and pour into the bowl.
- Mix well and serve.