Exactly like a sausage brioche Lyonnais this recipe for sausage brioche Morteau will be perfect in any season. And, you will have already understood, as I am (in part) of the original francomtoise, it is naturally a Morteau sausage that I chose… I really like the smoked side that emerges and permeates perfectly the bun soft.
To your brioche, I suggest you the work by hand because I find that we get better at feeling the right texture to give to the dough, and then, this is not so complicated as that ! But if you have a robot and a pastry chef, it will work very well also…
Sausage brioche Morteau
To 4 Save Print Ingredients
- 1 Morteau sausage (raw or cooked)
- 1 sachet of baker’s yeast
- 2 tbsp of warm water
- 250 g of flour
- 3 eggs + 1 yolk to brown the dough
- 100 g butter, softened
- 2 large pinches of salt
- 10 g of sugar
- Pour the sachet of yeast in a bowl with warm water and let sit for 10 to 15 minutes, then stir. The smell isn’t top, but hey, it’s for a good cause…
- Then pour the flour into a bowl, make a well and add the mixture previous yeast diluted.
- Work well the dough by hand, stir in the 3 eggs one at a time, then sugar and salt. Knead the dough again, then add the soft butter. Knead well until the dough comes off the bowl. You can add a little flour if the dough sticks too. This can take 10 to 15 minutes. It takes strength in the arms…
- Then let the dough rise in the bowl covered with a clean tea towel, in a warm place (near a radiator) for 1 hour 1/2.
- During this time, cook the Morteau sausage in water for 40 minutes (20 minutes if it is already cooked). Personally, I have not pierced my sausage, but you can do it. I find it tasty. Once it is cooked dry.
- Preheat the oven to 200°.
- Roll out the brioche dough into a rectangle (or what looks like) and wrap the dough around the sausage. Close well the brioche dough by pressing with your fingers. Make 3 small holes on the top of the dough until the sausage.
- Place the brioche on a baking sheet covered with paper sulfurisée, bask in the egg yolk.
- Bake finally for 25 minutes.
You can enjoy the Morteau sausage in brioche out of the oven with a good green salad and a bit of cancoillotte house, for example…
Finally, what is great about this recipe is that even cold, the next day, it was also a treat. I saliva by thinking of it…
It really is a great success, not complicated and delicious, with a fluffy perfect ! Moreover, I think of it, I’ve never made this recipe with my parents, I keep the idea for their next visit… ��