I have to say that it happens to me very rarely cook fish, while I like it a lot. I don’t know why, but I imagine that in the middle of our mountains (Grenoble), this is not the first dish that comes to mind. And again as with the trout of the Vercors we enjoy also…, but hey, that’s another thing…
Then, in early may, during our holiday in Nice, when going to the market, I came across this beautiful fish, the temptation was irresistible. I wanted to accommodate this sea bream in the oven with the citrus fruit, as oranges, lemon and kumquat, coloraient, also, the stalls…
I don’t know if you have already test the association well known to the fennel with the orange, but it is tip top ! So here is a way to cook together with a good bream.
Sea bream in the oven with a citrus
Save Print Ingredients
- 1 nice sea bream (500 g approximately)
- 2 oranges
- 1 lemon
- 10 kumquats
- 1 sprig of basil
- 4 carrots
- 1 fennel bulb
- olive oil
- salt and pepper
- Preheat your oven to 180°.
- In a baking dish, place the sea bream, previously cleaned. From my side, I had asked the fishmonger to do it. Remove the sprig of basil and the lemon cut into slices on the fish.
- In the same dish, arrange the carrots cut into strips in length, the branches of fennel, and Kumquats cut into slices.
- Sprinkle all of the vegetables and the sea bream with the juice of squeezed oranges and 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Add salt and pepper and bake for 30 minutes. Check the cooking of the fish, the chair must be white. If it is still dew or flood, extend to 10 minutes.
Enjoy this dish full of flavours ! It should, of course, love the sweet and salty.
You see the small washers the roses on the top of the sea bream ? It consist of slices of radishes that I added for color. It turns out that radishes hot are also delicious, with a slight taste of turnip. A test, if you want…