Yes, it is finally spring for a few weeks but as the saying goes : “in April you do not discover a wire” (going to hop it makes us his grandma there !), anyway all this to say that there are still days that were very ugly, rainy and cool so a small soup that is not of refusal ma p’tite lady ! And it is not just a soup of beans, no, no, no, this is a soup with a magic ingredient (do not think of the unicorn it doesn’t help !)… the cicoria or understand chico if you haven’t done Italian in your life (I speak of the language of course !). And this chicory you may have seen passed into Top Chef during the event, with Pierre Gagnaire if you have watched ! Anyway, back to our sheep our soup, to tell you that this little bean soup fed well his man, and that it will be perfect after returning from a hiking/jogging/gym…
If you ever can’t find chicory (I do not want to), you can replace it with dandelion (it’s just as well it is the season) or at worst by the kale (it is always in fashion then…). Good soup, my kitties !
Soup of beans and cicoria
To 4 people Save Print Ingredients
- 200 g of mixed beans and lentils
- 50 g pearl barley
- 1 bunch of cicoria (chicory)
- 1 liter 1/2 of vegetable broth
- 1 onion
- 2 carrots
- 1 drizzle of olive oil
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 sprig of thyme
- The zest of half a lemon
- Salt and pepper
- Put to soak the mixture of haricotes and pearl barley together for 8 hours.
- Cut the onion into cubes and cook on low heat, covered, in a casserole dish with a drizzle of olive oil for 5 minutes.
- During this time, cut the carrots into small from and add to the onion with the clove of garlic pressed and the thyme and continue cooking 5 minutes.
- Cut the chicory coarsely and add it in the casserole dish.
- Pour in the stock and add the beans, drained.
- Let cook for about 1h15 to low heat and cover.
- Before serving adjust the seasoning and add the lemon zest.