You know, the fanes, it is the green stuff that there is at the end of baby carrots or radishes. The seller asks you often if you remove them or you let them and you respond often positively to the withdrawal of these green leaves all fresh. What a mistake !! You did not know that it could be eaten !? Well, today, I show you how to use them in a delicious soup with carrot tops and fresh cheese. In addition, for the same price, you’ll have a meal more, that’s not great is that !?
And as I said, this velvety can also be done with the tops of radishes… The taste of these greens is not too pronounced but is still providing a delicious taste to this soup enjoyed hot or cold, as you wish. And then, as we are greedy, we embellish a little, velvety, there is a good cheese for the texture, a few seeds for decoration and more if you want…
You tell me the news !!
Soup of carrot tops and fresh cheese
6 Save Print Ingredients
- 1 bunch of carrot tops
- 1 small onion
- 2 small potatoes
- 1/2 teaspoon of turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon of cumin
- 100 g of fresh cheese (here, the fresh goat cheese)
- Olive oil
- 30 cl of vegetable broth
- Salt and pepper
- After you get the tops of a bunch of carrots, wash them well as a salad and wring out well. Once the radish leaves washed and dried, remove the larger stems to keep almost the leaves. Snip-the roughly.
- Peel the onion and the garlic, and cut them into strips.
- Peel the potatoes and wash them. Cut into small dice.
- In a fact-everything, pour a drizzle of olive oil, add your spices (turmeric and cumin), and then sauté your onion and garlic until they blondissent slightly. Then add the carrot tops and sauté everything for 2 minutes. Add the potatoes, sauté for a further 2 minutes, then finish by adding your broth. Turn down your heat to minimum and cook very gently for 20 minutes.
- Mix it all finely, and add the fresh cheese preparation and mix again to obtain a mixture well blended. Taste, add pepper, possibly salt and serve.