So there, I’ve concocted a real treat ! Take one of these spring roll flavors of the south and there will be an explosion of flavors in your mouth…
I had wanted to do for a long time to make spring rolls house, but I’ve never tested. For this first version I didn’t feel like something that’s classic and I had a lot of zucchini of any type cool. The idea came to me to roast them in the oven, in the form of sticks and roll them in a sheet of rice fresh with other products of the south. The result has been exquisite !
Spring roll flavors of the south
To 4 Save Print Ingredients
- 10 sheets of rice
- 2 zucchini cut into sticks (here, 1 yellow and 1 marbled)
- 10 sun-dried tomatoes
- 1 red onion
- 1/2 punnet of fresh cheese type St-Môret
- 10 slices of chorizo
- 100 g vermicelli rice or soy
- sesame seeds (wasabi)
- Salt and pepper
- Chilli powder
- Preheat your oven to 200°.
- Cut the zucchini into julienne strips and place on a baking sheet covered with parchment paper.
- Using a brush, apply the olive oil, add salt and pepper and sprinkle with a little chilli powder.
- Cut the onion into strip and place it on the baking sheet with the zucchini.
- Bake for 15 minutes, until the vegetables have browned.
- Soak the sheets of rice one by one in cold water for 1 minute.
- Place a sheet of rice dabbed on your work surface and drop zucchini sticks, onion and a tomato. Cut a slice of chorizo in half and place on the vegetables. Add a teaspoon of fresh cheese that you spread on the length as well as a few noodles.
- Sprinkle the equivalent of half a teaspoon of sesame seeds.
- Fold the left and right ends of the rice paper over the content, and then roll the ingredients in the sheet to form a roll. Try to tighten to the maximum, making sure not to puncture the rice paper.
- Repeat for each of the reels remaining, and refrigerate until ready to serve.
You can still soak these small spring rolls in the sauce or soy sauce to nem, to blend the flavor-tripping…
At the time of serving, you can either leave the rolls as is, but you can also cut them into 2 so that when you dip in the sauce, it can better absorb the content of the reels.
We ate these rolls in the guide for meals, but they can also be enjoyed as a starter or appetizer, depending on your desire.