POP… it is the sweet acronym for Cow’s Milk Proteins… but why this little word, thrown like a bottle in the sea, you might say (or not !) ?! Mini-Mademoiselle is allergic, so I eat without, for her, to make her feel better. So no more cow’s milk proteins (including beef and veal), but also goat and sheep, and that until the 1 year of Mini-Mademoiselle. In short, a new way of eating comes at us, to my great pleasure, me who loves to discover new horizons and new challenges ! Finally here it is, you will still get recipes with milk on the blog (prior to the discovery of the allergy), but you will also find a new section “without milk” and a few more recipes vegan.
Anyway, back to the strawberry pie. What more can we say except that this is the season, that this is really good and I find that there is nothing better than raw strawberries (yes I find that it is a fished to cook the strawberries !) ! You’re going to tell me, this time, I would have been able to put eggs in this pie, yes, but I didn’t want to do things by half ! I wanted to provide you with a version vegan the strawberry pie, the same as found in the pastry (finally….almost !).
For 1 pie Save Print Ingredients
- 600 g strawberries (here the gariguette)
- Icing sugar
- FOR THE DOUGH
- 125 g of flour
- 75 g of almond powder
- 2 tbsp of mashed almonds
- 75 g cane sugar
- 3 tbsp of plant milk
- FOR THE PASTRY CREAM
- 40 cl almond cream (almond kitchen)
- 2 c. s. curved of cream of rice (flour cooked)
- 30 g of sugar cane full
- 1 pinch of vanilla powder
- Prepare the dough by mixing together, by hand or robot pastry chef all the ingredients. Form a nice ball, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate 30 minutes.
- Prepare the custard vegan, by heating in a saucepan the almond cream with the sugar and the vanilla. Once the mixture to a small boil, lower the heat, add the cream of rice and whip the preparation until thickened. Pour the pastry cream into a bowl, shoot in contact and let completely cool in the fridge.
- Preheat the oven to 200°.
- Press the dough on 4 mm thick on a sheet of parchment paper and hit it in a pie pan. Cut off the excess dough and prick it with a fork. Cook the dough to white (cover with another sheet of parchment paper and dried beans) for 20 minutes. Remove the parchment paper and beans on top and continue cooking 5 minutes. Take out the dough, lay it on a wire rack and let cool.
- Garnish the bottom of pie baked with the pastry cream then add the strawberries on top.
- Sprinkle with a little icing sugar before serving.
Keep cool, if you have not eaten in the world !