The stuffed tomatoes in the oven and rice are an integral part of the meal summer, don’t you think !? In any case, this is the case with us since I was a little girl and we enjoy every time. Usually, we eat them simply with a basmati rice. The stuffed tomatoes are already a treat, as there is no need to break your head to find a cover. I must say that I am very fond especially of the semolina of couscous and I find that it also blends in very well with the stuffed tomatoes.
I made this recipe for Little Frenchies, a site that highlights products made in France. They had proposed to me to cook for their site in a French menu, trying to work the blue, white, red. These stuffed tomatoes in the oven are, therefore, the color… red ! Bravo ! In entry, I suggested a salad of cabbage in the blueberries (for the blue, even if it is more purple, I agree) and for dessert, what are tarts monochrome, white chocolate and gooseberries white, I cooked…
Stuffed tomatoes in the oven and rice
6 Save Print
Preparation time 10 min
Cooking time 40 min
- 6 large tomatoes
- 500 g of sausage meat
- 1 onion
- 1 clove of garlic
- Salt and pepper
- 1 pinch of chili powder
- 1 teaspoon of herbs de Provence
- 1/2 bunch of parsley
- Prepare the stuffing of the tomatoes by mixing the sausage meat with the chopped onion and the garlic in a hurry. Add the chili powder, herbs de Provence, chopped parsley, salt, pepper a little, and mix well.
- Preheat your oven to 180°.
- Cut the stem of the tomatoes and empty them. Divide the stuffing in 6 tomatoes, replace the cap and place in a baking dish.
- Bake for 40 minutes, and enjoy !
- Usually, I serve it simply with a basmati rice that soaks deliciously with the juices of the tomatoes…
- Personally, I like to keep the inside of the tomatoes, I put in the baking dish around it.