The stuffed tomatoes, it is a little on the flat past of fashion that we liked all of them more or less when we was in the canteen with rice too cooked !!! Ah that reminds you of the memories… I have therefore desired him to give back the letters of nobility a bit of dignity, by offering my version for myself with only good things in it ! Well I sell a little (oups…de all the heat already had because of my ankles !!!), but nothing beats a good stuffing, well seasoned, and there it would become almost the perfect dish.
In any case I love it stuffed tomatoes (and Gentleman too), so why not take advantage of the beautiful tomatoes of the season to forget the tomato mozza’ (even if it is terribly good and fresh), and their do to make a small turn in the oven ?! It you try this lil dish vintage ?!
To 8 tomatoes Save Print Ingredients
- 8 large round tomatoes
- 200 g ground pork
- 150 g of minced veal
- 50 g of dry bread
- 10 cl of milk
- 1/2 onion
- 1 clove of garlic
- Fresh herbs (parsley, rosemary, savory…)
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 200°.
- Soak the dry bread in the milk for 10 minutes and then drain it by pressing it between your fingers.
- Chop the onion finely.
- Mix together the meat, the bread, the onion, the clove of minced garlic, the herbs chopped, then season to taste.
- Wash and cut the tops of tomatoes to form a hat. Empty using a spoon (you can keep the inside of the tomatoes to make a tomato sauce), then arrange them in a baking dish.
- Stuff the tomatoes with the stuffing and then put the hats.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
Enjoy as is or with a good rice (not overcooked huh ?!).