Nobody will have missed it, today is Fat Tuesday and Mardi Gras says fritters, bugnes, mumps, and other dishes, sweet and deep-fried, fried, fried and re-fried !!! And as I’m not frying at home (in the other no problem !) I do not propose a recipe well calories today. But as I know that you are a great foodie, you can always do this little cake recipe carnival. In short, if there’s a small dish that I am particularly fond of these last time it is the sweet potato stuffed, this is my “comfort food” of the moment (with the lawyer in all its forms !). And then what is good with the sweet potato stuffed, is that it can adapt to its desires and/or to the contents of his fridge and a small flat perfectly healthy and balanced. Today these are the tops of beets, which are on the pan, and it must be said that these are my tops favorite and practically the only ones that I eat, because I have never been a fan of the greens (a word play on easy, ok I go out !) of carrots and it is not the fault of the have to be cooked in a thousand and one different ways !!! It is not the first time that I propose to you the association sweet potato-pomegranate, there had already been a salad here, but what do you want to it is kind of my Proust’s madeleine to me, because those flavors remind me of my trips to Israel.
And you, what is your tv favorite of the moment ?
Sweet potato stuffed with greens beet and pomegranate
For 2 people Save Print Ingredients
- 2 sweet potatoes, peeled
- The tops of a bunch of beets
- 1 onion
- The seeds of half a pomegranate
- 1 pinch of Espelette pepper
- 1 tablespoon of coriander seeds
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 180°.
- Wash and cut the sweet potatoes in half lengthwise and arrange on a baking sheet. Pour a small drizzle of olive oil and bake 20-25 minutes.
- Wash and snip finely the beet tops and chop the onion.
- In a frying pan with a drizzle of olive oil made sweat the onion with the coriander seeds for 10 minutes over low heat and covered. Then add the radish leaves and continue cooking 15 minutes. Season and add the Espelette pepper.
- Remove the sweet potatoes from the oven, open it slightly, and add the trim to the chard.
- Finish by adding the pomegranate seeds.