I don’t believe I’ve still never spoken of elder flowers by here, Mr. I was introduced to it a few years ago and I must say that I immediately liked its flavor. So I’ve been wanting to make my own syrup of elderberry, and to add the flavor of fresh and tangy rhubarb. Ok, ok, at the beginning it was meant to be only a test because I was not really sure of the combination of the two, but I have to say that it is really delicious. I read once that the things that grow in the same season still agree perfectly, the kind things done well ! Do not rely on the smell of elderberry during cooking, the taste will be completely different, but I have to admit it is a little weird the first time. Little advice for the collection, harvest away from roads and get there as the season for elderflower is now !
It may be that this small cool drink will return to the sun and the spring at the same time (because the autumn it was a little bit tired !), in any case, this syrup is perfect for cocktail hour with a small slice of lemon.
To about 2 bottles Save Print Ingredients
- 10 bouquets of flowers of elderberry
- 300 g of rhubarb
- 1 litre of water
- 600 g of sugar
- Separate the flowers from the elderberry stems and cut the rhubarb into pieces.
- Put them all in a large saucepan and cover with water.
- Bring to a boil simmer 20 minutes.
- Strain the mixture and add the sugar.
- Bring back to the boil 5 minutes and skim if needed then put it in a bottle and keep cool.