You remember, a few days ago, I spoke to you of my trip to Morocco. That is to say that I have not only reported photos. I also took the opportunity to report full of spices (which fills my kitchen) and a lovely tagine dug up in the streets of Marrakech. While returning I wanted to make a tagine with chicken, lemon and olives.
For the little story, for me, I have a ceramic hob. It is absolutely great, but the tagine terracotta does not pass over, so I had to buy a bottom of saucepan in stainless steel in order to be able to use it but as there is still heat loss, this has doubled the cooking time. In short, my guests have had a few little wait… Huh !?
Since then, I’ve found another technique is to cook my tagine, I make them in the oven. It is much more quick and tasty !
Then, while waiting for the 2nd part of my trip and a few other good addresses, I offer you this tasty Tagine chicken, lemon and olives.
Tagine chicken, lemon and olives
To 6 Save Print Ingredients
- 6 chicken thighs
- 2 onions
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 2 small zucchini
- 2 carrots
- 1 lemon
- 1 teaspoon of ginger powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of coriander seeds
- 1 teaspoon of paprika
- 1 teaspoon of curry
- 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon powder
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 handfuls of black and green olives
- salt and pepper
- 1 bunch of coriander, chopped
- Prepare the marinade in advance, the day before if possible, with half of the olive oil, ginger powder, coriander seeds, paprika, curry powder, cinnamon, salt and pepper.
- The next day, fry the chicken thighs in the tagine in the oil and marinade until they are golden brown. Add the sliced onions and the crushed garlic.
- Let brown the onions and add the zucchini and carrots, cut roughly, and let it simmer for 10 minutes over low heat.
- Cover and let cook another 20 minutes over low heat, then add the olives and the lemon cut in four.
- Let it all cook over low heat 1 hour (2 in my case…)
- Serve hot and sprinkle with fresh coriander.
- If you want to make a cooking in the oven, simply place all the ingredients in the dish at tagine, bake in a cold oven and let cook for 2 hours at 180°.
- It is important not to preheat your oven in advance so that the dish does not suffer a thermal break too much of a blow.
Then, you’re not traveling with all of these flavors ?
And you’ve seen in the top left of the last photo !? I have a mini public now when I do my photos. Babyboy is very interested in my scenes… ��