I am sure that you will agree that with this time, a good dish of the south, is really tempting.
For this version of a tagine, I chose an oven, which significantly reduces the cooking time knowing that I have the induction. The last time, my tagine had taken an eternity to cook… Luckily my guests were quite tolerant. In short, I wouldn’t back, now, my tagines will be cooked in the oven for a tasty and tender perfection. In addition, it is quite simple, you just have to be patient.
I am still very very happy with my dish, tajine brought back from my trip to Morocco ! The more I use it the better they are (tagines). Hmmm, I already thinking about the next tagine in the oven…
Tajine in the oven chicken, apricot and almond
6 Save Print Ingredients
- 6 chicken thighs
- 2 onions, thinly sliced
- 1 clove garlic, pressed
- 150 g of dried apricots pitted
- 50 g of blanched almonds
- 20 cl of bouillon cube
- 1 tablespoon of brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon of cumin
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 pinch of pepper
- In a dish tagine, pour a tablespoon of oil and then divide the chicken thighs on the bottom.
- Divide the garlic and onions over the chicken and pour your hot broth over the top. Add salt and pepper and add the spices and the brown sugar.
- Add the apricots and place your dish tagine in your cold oven. Then heat your oven to 180°. The goal is not to break your tv with a too strong contrast of heat. Leave to cook for 50 minutes.
- Add the almonds and cook for another 10 minutes without the lid of the tajine.
- Be careful to put your dish in cold oven so that there is not too big thermal break, which might risk cracking your dish at tagine !
You can serve your chicken with couscous or a little bit of bulgur wheat…