Initially, I wanted to make a walnut tart, but I quickly realized that I would really not enough. So I decided to try to add a fruit, and my pie became a tart apple and caramelized walnuts. The result ? A treat, it was no doubt seen that there are only good things in this recipe ! I love apple pie, but I must frankly admit that the nuts, caramelized in addition, really brings a bonus to this dessert recipe !
You try and tell me what you think.
And then, as I live in the land of nuts �� there will be property at the time or the opportunity to test a good pie will represent…
Tart apples and caramelized walnuts
6 Save Print Ingredients
- FOR THE DOUGH
- 250 g of flour
- 8 cl of oil
- 8 cl of water
- 1 pinch of salt
- FOR THE TOPPING
- 3 apples
- 20 crushed walnuts
- 1 egg
- 10 cl of liquid cream
- 1 sachet of vanilla sugar
- 2 tbsp of honey
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- For the tart dough, the recipe is here : Pastry house
- Spread the dough and place it in a pie pan. Prick with a fork.
- Peel and cut the apples into strips. Arrange on the dough.
- In a saucepan, heat the honey over very low heat. When it is liquid, remove from heat and stir in the nuts. Mix well and arrange then on the apples.
- Beat the whole egg with the cream. Pour this mixture over the pie and sprinkle with the vanilla sugar.
- Bake for 45 minutes (the top crust should be golden).
This kind of dessert is absolutely perfect for the after-noon of the fall or winter, with a good tea (even better if there is a little corner of fire)…
The apple pie is a classic, but with a good nut (in my area) it is delicious and very comforting. And as you can see in the photo below, it is necessary to be generous with our apple and cut larger areas.