I do not know too where comes out this idea to associate the poppy and the blood orange, but all I can tell you is that when I saw these beautiful oranges at the market, I immediately had a pie in front of my eyes. I’d also buy seeds of poppies to put in the bread and once at the house, I wanted to add to my pie dough.
So here we are at the end of a good meal with a nice slice of apple pie with orange in the plate. First bite and then we look at each other, and even scream ” Wow, this is too good ! “. This, I believe that there is nothing to say more, the association of blood orange and poppy works merveillleeee !!!!
Tart blood orange
Save Print Ingredients
- FOR THE PASTRY POPPY
- 240 g of flour
- 120 g of butter
- 3 tbsp of cold water
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 c. c. of sugar
- FOR THE TOPPING
- 6 blood oranges (Sicily)
- 4 tbsp of sugar
- 2 tbsp of Cornflour
- 1 egg
- 3 tbsp of fresh cream
- Prepare your pie Dough in poppy seeds.
- Preheat your oven to 180°.
- Bake your dough pre-drilled using a fork for 10 minutes.
- Squeeze the oranges and pour the juice in a saucepan with the sugar.
- Heat over low heat.
- Beat the egg in a separate container. Once beaten, stir in the Cornflour sieved while stirring the juices in the pan and, without stirring.
- Be careful to always stir when the egg is added, because the cream could attach !
- Cook over a low heat while continuing to stir using a whisk. The mixture should begin to thicken.
- Then add the cream off the heat, stir and set aside.
- Pour the cream of orange on your dough and bake for twenty minutes.
- Let cool and enjoy.
As I told you, it is a treat !!!