Before I didn’t like the fennel, but that was before… remember, I was telling you all that early this year, when I proposed you to call the recipe of the salad of winter, fennel, arugula, and feta cheese. But before this tarte tatin, I had never thought of fennel cooked, but I was wrong to not think about it before. I don’t know if the fennel is cooked you are talking about (not true, huh ?!) but in fact maybe yes, because it is usually like that that everybody knows about it the better. Anyway, if you do not know, wait and see I you the this today… it is so tart tatin of onions and fennel on the menu, a recipe for tarte tatin salted you will not be able to pass you (if if I assure you !).
So here is the fennel is cooked, caramelized to perfection, accompanied by red onion and a good pinch of Espelette pepper. All in a tarte tatin, which I hope you will like it as much as us !
Tarte tatin of red onions and fennel
For 1 pie Save Print Ingredients
- 1 puff pastry
- 6-8 red onions long
- 3 small fennels
- 50 g butter
- 1 tablespoon of sugar
- 1 small branch of thyme
- 1 good pinch of Espelette pepper
- Salt and pepper
- Wash and cut the fennel into four in the length. Peel and cut red onions into two or four in length.
- Melt the butter in a frying pan and add the fennel and onions. Cook over low heat 5 min ensuring that you return from time to time. Then add the sugar, the Espelette pepper and thyme, and continue cooking 10 minutes, increasing the heat if need be, the time that the whole caramelizes.
- Butter a tin and arrange nicely with the vegetables at the bottom. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add the puff pastry on top and tuck the excess to the inside of the mold.
- Put in the oven for 20-25 minutes.
Once the tarte tatin is cooked, invert the tart on a serving dish and serve immediately with a good salad.