So, that is what you think of this little dessert monochrome !? These are small tarts white chocolate and gooseberries, white. Okay, I admit that to emphasize the monochrome effect, I would have been able to make a greater effort on the stage and the fabrics that I used…
The result was rather nice with a crispy batter and a good balance in the sweetness of the white chocolate and the acidity of the currants. I think a shortbread dough would also go well as a base…
I had made this recipe for an evening bloggers culinary garden city of Grenoble, you may have seen the photo on Instagram… I have a very very good company of Helena for Brunch & Delights (it was she who had had the excellent idea of bringing us together), Emilie of Love & Eats and Aurélie of Aurelie”s Cooking.
Tarts white chocolate and gooseberries
To 6 Save Print Ingredients
- FOR THE PASTRY
- 250 g of flour
- 8 cl of oil
- 8 cl of water slightly warm
- 1 pinch of salt
- FOR THE TOPPING
- 200 g redcurrants
- 200 g good white chocolate
- 15 cl of fresh cream
- Preheat your oven to 190°.
- Start by preparing your pie dough.
- In a bowl, pour the flour, oil, water and salt.
- Stir quickly until obtaining a homogeneous ball of dough. Attention to mix as less time as possible so that the dough is not too hard and keeps his crisp, this pie dough will not be kneaded’t.
- If the dough is too sticky add a little flour if it is too dry add a little oil and/or water.
- Flour lightly your work surface, lay it out and place it in the molds tarts.
- Prick your pie crust using a fork.
- Bake for 15 to 18 minutes.
- Take out the tartlets from the oven and let them cool.
- Meanwhile, break the chocolate into pieces in a saucepan, pour the cream and melt in a bain-marie, stirring well.
- Once the melted chocolate with an even consistency, pour half of the currants and stir by mashing a little so the juice of the fruit mixed with chocolate.
- Pour this preparation into your tartlets, and arrange the remaining fruit on top.
- Leave to cool for at least 5 hours or place in refrigerator so that the chocolate freezes well.