A bit like the loaves of bread to a bagel or burger, I imagined that make their own tortillas was too complicated. It is nothing ! So, for this first version, I tested the tortillas home to the corn flour. Then, of course, as there is no gluten in corn flour, there is also wheat flour so that everything binds well.
And soon, I will give you, of course, a recipe for fajitas house that uses these tortillas…
Tortillas homemade corn flour
To 4 Save Print Ingredients
- 100 g of corn flour
- 100 g flour fluid
- 50 g butter
- 8 cl of water
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 pinch of sugar
- Mix the flour with the salt and the sugar. Add the butter cut in dices. Embed-the by sanding between your fingers.
- Then add little by little water until you get a soft dough.
- Form a sausage of dough and divide the dough into 6 balls.
- Flatten each ball with hand and roll out the dough finely.
- Heat a dry pan over medium heat. When it is hot, place a tortilla, it will form large bubbles, at this time, please expect a few seconds, the time that it dore.
- Flip the tortilla and let it cook again for a few seconds to brown the same way.
- Repeat with the remaining dough.
- Be careful not to leave it too long the tortillas in the pan because otherwise they will be super-hard.