Today is Thanksgiving (in the Usa) and as I have a few american friends, I like to prepare some thing to turkey for this day, but in variant of the traditional turkey in the oven. This year, it is, therefore, of the turkey to the sauce, spicy sweet and sour and the past year, I had prepared a turkey leg in the oven and the orange.
It is thumbing through the cookbook When Katie kitchen that I had the idea of this recipe, but I have to admit that it does not look like the original, which is more rich and cooked in the oven. Speaking as Katie, she just came out with a 2nd book of recipes and I can’t wait to find one here !! If someone sees it in a bookstore, I say !?
Turkey breast with spicy sauce, sweet salty
For 4 Save Print Ingredients
- 400 g of turkey fillets
- 1 small red onion
- 1 clove of garlic
- 4 tablespoon of ketchup
- 2 tablespoons of mustard
- 2 tablespoons of honey
- 1 tablespoon of brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon of paprika
- 1 pinch of chilli powder
- 1 tablespoon of cream of vinegar balsamic
- 2 tablespoons of toasted sesame seeds
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- In a saucepan, cook 5 to 10 minutes, the turkey, minced with 2 tablespoons of olive oil until the pieces are golden brown. Reserve in a bowl.
- In the same pan and with a teaspoon of olive oil, the crushed garlic and chopped red onion.
- Then add the ketchup, the mustard, the honey, the brown sugar, the paprika, the pepper, vinegar, balsamic, and a tablespoon of sesame seeds.
- Sauté for 5 minutes over low heat and then return to turkey.
- Continue to cook for 5 minutes, then serve immediately with rice, for example, and sprinkling the rest of the toasted sesame seeds.
According to your desire, you will be able to serve this dish with rice, semolina, or a good salad if you really want freshness.
Inspiration : When Katie kitchen