A small dish, simmered, there’s nothing better to comfort us when the sun is not at the rendezvous. This osso bucco is a marvel, a meat mouth, and a sauce to die for and with good pasta… it is a treat to delight big and small gourmands ! Yes, because The osso bucco is a little bit the sun in the middle of the grey, it is full of colors and flavors (rosemary, garlic, lemon, orange…), and I think that the winter there is also the need of it (yes because the soup it’s going to 5 minutes but good !) !
Good for those who do not know, osso bucco is a dish classic Italian,prepared originally with slices of veal shank, carrots, tomatoes, celery… and lots of other things… I deliver to you today my version of this recipe. Because, frankly, I think that there are as many recipes as Italian mamas who are !!! And then, this is a dish that I do not think often achieve but which is really worth seeing, I assure you !
Veal Osso bucco 2014-10-22 15:05:31 To 2 persons Save Print Ingredients
- 2 alleys of veal shank
- 50 cl of white wine
- 2 carrots
- 1 branch of celery
- 1 white onion
- 4 large tomatoes or 1 large tin of whole tomatoes in juice
- The zest of an orange
- The zest of half a lemon
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 branch of rosemary
- 1 drizzle of olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Cut the carrots into rings and the celery into small dice and set aside.
- Chop the onion into small cubes and then place in a casserole dish with a drizzle of olive oil, let it melt 5 min over medium heat. Then add the two garlic cloves chopped.
- Put the alleys of veal in the casserole dish and then let them colour on both sides. Sprinkle a tablespoon of flour and mix (this is called singer, it is to thicken the sauce). Deglaze with the white wine and scrape the bottom with a wooden spoon to loosen the juices.
- Add the vegetables (carrot and celery) and tomatoes, stir. Finish by adding the orange zest, lemon zest, rosemary sprig, and season.
- Let it simmer on low heat, covered, for 2 hours. Remove the lid after cooking and turn up the heat to reduce the sauce if necessary.
- Once the osso bucco is cooked, you can boost by adding over a blend of orange zest, lemon, garlic and chopped fresh rosemary.
love & eats http://aime-mange.com/
Enjoy it !