It’s been so long that I wanted to test a recipe for cream of peas with mint, but for that, he had to wait for the season of green peas comes back, and yes because the peas fresh, it is even better ! And as today is the first day of summer, how to resist ? The season of soups and velvety is not there yet, but in version ice, it is quite the good time ! So, after I mixed everything, let it cool and place in a cool place until ready to serve. If the velvet is a little thickened by cooling (which is quite possible), you can always add one or two ice cubes at serving time…
In any case, for those who want to make a nice effect either as input or in verrines as an appetizer, without lose too much time in the kitchen, this is the perfect recipe, it is so simple, quick and tasty.
Finally, if the mood takes you, you can always test it in the warm version of this cream of peas with mint, it is also very very good (yes, I tasted it anyway…) and then if you want, you can redo it with peas frozen, but it still didn’t taste the same…
Velouté of green peas with mint
To 2 Save Print Ingredients
- 300 g of green peas fresh
- 1 small onion fresh
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 40 cl of water
- 5 mint leaves
- 2 tablespoons of cream
- 1 pinch of Espelette pepper
- Salt and pepper
- Écossez peas. Chop coarsely the onion and put with the peas into a saucepan, add the olive oil and the salt water. When the water simmered, let it cook over medium heat for 10 minutes.
- Add the mint leaves, add pepper, and then mix finely the whole.
- Add the cream and a pinch of pepper.
- You can serve hot or cold according to your desire, for us it was frozen like that one could prepare in advance… and it is delicious !
I take this opportunity to wish a feast day to all dads and especially mine!!!!! ��