This is an eternity that I wanted to try out a recipe of zucchini flowers stuffed, but it must be said that the season of these flowers does not last very long and you quickly move to the side of these delicate dishes. This year, when during my vacation in Nice, I found on the market, I told myself that it was time. I had time to prepare and enjoy, what we have done with a good sea Bream in the oven.
Finally, the exercise was not so complicated that this, and the result was worth a serious effort. This is a recipe that I recommend especially for its scents…
Zucchini flowers stuffed
To 2 Save Print Ingredients
- 6 zucchini flowers (with their small zucchini)
- 1 large shallot
- 2 small tomatoes
- 10 leaves of fresh basil
- 30 g parmesan cheese
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- olive oil
- 1 tbsp heavy cream
- salt, pepper
- Preheat your oven to 180°C.
- Gently pull the flowers from the zucchini and remove the pistil which is found on the inside of each of them.
- Lightly sauté the chopped shallots in a pan with a little olive oil.
- Cut small zucchini in small cubes and add to the shallots and leave to cook for 5 minutes over low heat. Then add the tomatoes also cut into small cubes, cover and leave for another 5 minutes.
- Stir in the lemon juice, a pinch of salt, pepper, basil, chopped and the cream. Bake on low heat for ten minutes.
- Once the stuffing exit out of the fire, add the grated parmesan and mix well. Stuff very carefully the zucchini flowers with the mixture, taking care not to tear the flowers, and then fold them in gently turning the tip of the flowers.
- Arrange the flowers stuffed in a baking dish, add a drizzle of olive oil on them. Then put in the oven for 15 minutes.
- You can then enjoy these delicious zucchini flowers stuffed as a starter or as an accompaniment to meat or grilled fish.